Banana Muffins with Chocolate Chips
Yields: 12 muffins Prep Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes
- 4 medium, ripe bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oat flour (blend oats if needed)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- Dash of salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (or however much you would like)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In one bowl, mash bananas, egg, milk and vanilla. Set aside. In a mixer bowl, combine flour, oat flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and coconut oil and mix on low. Add banana mixture and when the dry ingredients is almost completely mixed with the wet mixture, add chocolate chips. Line muffin pan with muffin cups or spray oil, spread mixture evenly into 12 cups. Bake for 20 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
Yields: 12 muffins Prep time: 5 min Cook Time: 15 min
- 1 can garbanzo beans
- 1/2 can pumpkin
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin seeds (to garnish)
In a food processor, blend all ingredients. Serve in a bowl and sprinkle pumpkin seeds to garnish. Eat with pita chips, veggies or add in a wrap.
Baked Green Bean Parmesan “Fries”
Time: 10 min prep, 12-14 min bake
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup breadcrumbs or Panko
- 2 Tbsp whole wheat flour
- Pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly oil or spray a baking sheet. In a bowl, mix Parmesan cheese, Panko, and garlic powder. Working with a handful of green beans at a time, put them in flour, then dip in eggs, then roll in the Panko mixture to coat. Place the green beans in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 12-14 min or until golden brown.
Oatmeal Fig Bars
- 3/4 cup diced figs
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Tbsp Lemon Zest
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 egg
- Dash of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Heat up figs, water, lemon juice and lemon zest in sauce pan on low for 5 min.
- Use food processor to blend fig mixture until smooth. Put aside.
- In a big bowl, mix flour, oats, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Then add butter and eggs.
- Use half of the oat mixture as the bottom layer onto oil-sprayed 8 x 8 glass pan and push with fingers until it makes a flat layer.
- Pour fig filling and use spoon to spread.
- Pour the other half of oat mixture into top and spread.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.
Flax Coconut Matcha Muffins
Yields: 12 muffins
Bake time: 15 min Total time: 25 min
- 2/3 cup soy milk
- 1 tbsp ground flax
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp orange juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 ½ cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp matcha
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Combine the soy milk, flax, lemon juice, lemon zest, orange juice and vanilla in a bowl, whisk together. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and matcha powder. Mix and make sure there aren’t any clumps of matcha.
- Melt the coconut oil and maple syrup in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour the soy milk mixture and into the large bowl and stir together. Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix. Do not overmix.
- Spoon the batter into muffin pans.
- Bake 15 minutes at 375 degrees F. Cool and dust matcha powder on top if you would like.
Hainanese Chicken Rice
Total Time: 1.5 hours
- 1 whole 3-4 pound chicken
- 4 cloves of Garlic
- 5 slices of Ginger
- ½ cup peanut oil
- 3 shallots
- 2 cups long grain rice
- ½ cup minced scallions
- 2 cucumbers
- Cilantro leaves
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add 1 Tbsp of salt. While waiting to boil, mince 2 cloves of garlic and smash 2 cloves of garlic. Slice ginger, cucumber, mince scallions and chop shallots.
- Add chicken to pot with garlic (smashed) and sliced ginger. Make sure the chicken is fully submerged. Cover, reduce heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes. Turn off heat and leave the chicken in the water for 45 min-1 hour, covered, until it is cooked through.
- Remove chicken from the pot. Keep the stock. Let the chicken cool to room temperature.
- For the rice- ¼ cup peanut oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, & shalllots until lightly browned. Add rice and add 4 cups of chicken stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cover for ~20 minutes.
- Make dipping sauce of 2 tbsp sesame oil, ginger, half the scallions and salt.
- Chop chicken. Scoop rice on a plate and top with chicken, sliced cucumbers, scallions and cilantro. Serve with dipping sauce.
Split Pea Soup
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 carrots
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 pound dehydrated split peas
- 4 cups chicken stock
- Cilantro for garnish
Thai Green Curry with Chicken
First, you will make the Green Curry Paste:
- 8 green spur chilies
- 1 ½ tbsp. chopped shallots
- 1 2/2 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 tsp chopped galangal
- 1 tbsp chopped lemongrass
- ½ tsp finely sliced kaffir lime skin
- 1 tsp peppercorns
- 1 tbsp roasted coriander seeds
- 1 tsp roasted cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander root
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp shrimp paste
Pound the dry ingredients: roasted coriander seeds, roasted cumin seeds, peppercorn, and salt in a mortar, pound well.
Next add all the herbs: lemongrass, galangal, kaffir lime, and coriander root
Follow with juicy ingredient: garlic, shallots, shrimp paste and chopped chilies. Pound until mixed well.
Then use this curry paste for your curry meal and freeze the rest of the paste for future meals.
Green curry with chicken recipe:
Serves: 4 Total Time: 20 minutes
- 70 gm chicken (veg: mixed vegetable or pumpkin or tofu)
- 1 tbsp green curry paste
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 red spur chili, sliced diagonally (45 degree cut)
- ¼ cup sweet basil leaves
- 1 thai eggplant
- 10 baby eggplants
- 1/4 cauliflower
- 5 asparagus (chopped)
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, torn
- 1 tbsp fish sauce (veg: 1 tsp salt)
- 1 tsp palm sugar
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
Slice chicken. Stir fry curry paste in oil over medium heat until fragrant.
Add coconut cream and stir until oil appears on the surface
Add the chicken, cauliflower, asparagus and all eggplants. Stir fry until the chicken changes white color (20% cooked)
Add the coconut milk. Season with sugar and fish sauce.
Boil until chicken and vegetables are cooked well.
Sprinkle sweet basil leaves, red spur chilies, and kaffir lime leaves then turn off the heat.
Arrange on a serving dish and garnish with sweet basil. Serve with rice.
Butternut Squash Cranberry Tacos
Total time: 30 minutes
- Butternut squash
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- 2 cup cranberries
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 cup kale
- 4 Tbsp cilantro
- 1 avocado
- 4 Tbsp of grated gouda cheese
Cut butternut squash into half vertically, cut into small pieces.
Put in oven at 400 degrees F for 25 minutes
While the butternut squash is roasting, make the cranberry sauce:
½ cup sugar, ½ cup water and boil
Add 2 cups of cranberries and cook until they pop, continuously mixing (~10 min)
Let cranberry sauce cool. While waiting for the butternut squash:
Chop kale, cilantro, avocado and grate the cheese.
25 minutes later, take out the butternut squash and build your tacos:
Place two corn tortillas on the plate, then add butternut squash, kale, cilantro, cranberry sauce, avocado, and gouda cheese.
Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers
One serving: Two stuffed halves of bell peppers
- 4 bell peppers, halved lengthwise
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- 1 tomato chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
Cook 1 cup quinoa to yield 3 cups cooked quinoa.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Slice bell peppers in half lengthwise
Dice up onions, tomato, garlic, spinach and fresh cilantro. Set aside.
In a large saute pan, heat oil over medium heat then add onions (~5 minutes)
Stir in garlic, chili powder, cumin, and paprika with a dash of salt and pepper (~2 minutes)
Add black beans, spinach, quinoa and tomato and mix together (~5 minutes), stir in half of the cilantro and save the rest for garnish when serving.
Fill peppers with quinoa stuffing, and cover peppers with tinfoil on baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes.
Prep time: 10 min Total time: 50 min
-Pour your flour onto your surface. Make a hole in the center of your flour, creating a well. You want it wide enough to accommodate all your eggs. Add your eggs into the center.
-Mix using a fork or your fingertips, gradually pushing the floor into your pool of eggs. Keep adding your flour until your dough is held together. The dough will be wet and sticky.
-Knead your dough. Press the heel of your hand into the ball of the dough, pushing forward and down. Rotate the ball 45 degrees and repeat. Once you feel that your dough is smooth and has an elastic texture, you are good to go. (If it feels too wet, add more flour).
-Rest your dough, this allows the flour to continue to hydrate and the gluten network to relax. Rest your dough in saran wrap for 30 minutes.
The following takes ~10 min:
-The fun part-rolling! Cut your dough into 4 pieces, set ¼ aside and wrap the rest up (you want to make sure they don’t dry out.)
-Use a rolling pin to flatten the dough to at least half an inch thick.
-Feed your pasta roller. You want it to be on the thickest setting, then slowly decrease until desired thickness of your pasta.
-Set those flattened pasta pieces to the side with spread out semolina flour. Then use your pasta maker to cut to your desired thickness.
-Boil water and add salt. Cook for 1-1.5 minute (fresh pasta cooks very quickly).
Pasta sauce recipe to come!
Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Prep time: 15 min Total time: 25 min
What you’ll need:
- 1 head of Iceberg lettuce
- 1 can sliced water chestnuts
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1 stalk green onion
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Dash of salt and pepper
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of chicken breasts
- Put 1 Tbsp olive oil in pan and cook chicken breasts, cover and flip occasionally (10 minutes)
- Let chicken breasts rest while prepping the vegetables
- Peel lettuce off head, rinse and dry
- Finely chop mushrooms and green onions (note: you can shred your own carrots as well, but for efficiency, you can buy shredded carrots)
- Make peanut sauce, instructions below (you can also buy peanut sauce)
- Cut chicken breasts to small pieces
- Assemble lettuce wraps: add chicken, carrots, water chestnuts, and mushrooms to lettuce, and top with peanut sauce and green onions and serve.
¼ cup peanut butter (crunchy or creamy dependent on preference)
2 Tbsp rice vinegar
2 Tbsp water
2 Tbsp reduced sodium tamari or reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 Tbsp honey or agave nectar
½ tsp fresh grated ginger
1 medium clove garlic
Dash of red pepper flakes
Mix ingredients in order that is listed above until consistency of your liking.
Banza pasta + homemade tomato sauce
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 1.5 hours
What you’ll need:
1 box Banza pasta
1 can of San Marzano Whole Peeled tomatoes 28 oz.
1 package (1 lb) of Italian Sausage
1/2 white or yellow onion
4 garlic cloves
1/4 cup basil
1 Tbsp parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp olive oil
Dash of salt and pepper
Chop up garlic, onions, and carrots. Set aside. Heat up olive oil, add garlic for a couple minutes, then add onions and carrots. Once onions are translucent, add sausage. Break up sausage into pieces. Once most of the way cooked, add whole can of tomatoes. Add salt and pepper. Smash tomatoes, bring to a boil and let it simmer until reduced (1 hour-1.5 hours). Continue to smash tomatoes. Keep an eye on the sauce and mix here and there. When the sauce is almost done, boil water and cook Banza pasta (8-9 minutes), strain it and it’s time to add the sauce! Turn off the heat of the sauce, add to your pasta and top with basil and parmesan cheese.